The Working Holiday Visa allows citizens from eligible countries to come to Australia to work and travel for 12 months, with the possibility to extend their stay

Working Holiday Visa holders can:
• do short-term work in Australia for up to 6 months per employer
• study for up to 4 months
• travel to and from Australia as many times as you want
• do specified work to become eligible for a second and soon to be third
Working Holiday visa

You may be able to apply for a second and third working holiday (417) visa if you have completed the specified work.

Changes coming soon

The Australian Government has announced changes to the Working Holiday Maker (WHM) visa program in an effort to support regional areas of Australia.
Applicants may now be eligible to apply for a third working holiday visa, extending their stay for a total of three years.

To apply for a Working Holiday Visa you must meet the following criteria

You are aged 18 – 30 years – Unless you are a Canadian or Irish citizen (You can apply up to 35 years)

If you are applying for your second working holiday visa, you must have completed 3 months of specified work on your first Working Holiday visa

You may be able to apply for a Working Holiday Visa if you are a citizen of the following countries

• Belgium
• Canada
• Republic of Cyprus
• Denmark
• Estonia
• Finland
• France
• Germany
• Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China (including British National Overseas passport holders)
• Republic of Ireland
• Italy
• Japan
• Republic of Korea
• Malta
• Netherlands
• Norway
• Sweden
• Taiwan (other than an official or diplomatic passport)
• The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

You cannot include any family members in your application.

You cannot be accompanied by dependent children while you are in Australia